Saturday, September 28, 2013

Children's Bench Photography Prop


This children's bench was my 2nd project with DIY Chalk paint. 

Here's the before:


Looks like an almost nice white shabby chic, but honestly, it was dingy and in need of some serious love and refinishing. My idea was to turn it into a photography prop. I pictured a little baby for their monthly photos sleeping on the bench, sitting on it, or standing next to it. 


I loved what we did with my son's toy box with the trim on the front, so I wanted to do that again (thanks hubby!) and add a chalk board to write stats on, or for a child to color or draw. 


Next I distressed and waxed with clear wax, followed by DIY glaze instead of dark wax this time. I really liked how I could work with the glaze for a longer period of time and how easy it was to apply, but again - still a learning curve. 


So once it was finished we sold it for almost $50! In retrospect, we may of been able to ask for more...but I'm pretty new to figuring out how to price these things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment